In a shocking turn of events, the world was left grieving as news broke of 'Friends' star Matthew Perry's sudden demise.
The actor, known for his iconic portrayal of Chandler Bing, was found lifeless in his jacuzzi at the age of 54, leaving fans and the entertainment community in utter disbelief.
As reported by TMZ, the initial toxicology reports have been released, providing some clarity amidst the swirling rumors and speculation.
Contrary to what might have been expected given Perry's past struggles with substance abuse, the preliminary tests revealed no traces of fentanyl or methamphetamine in his system.
The unexpected tragedy unfolded in the early hours of Sunday, as confirmed by the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD).
They received an emergency call reporting a case of cardiac arrest at Perry's residence. Upon arrival, they discovered the actor in his jacuzzi and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Perry, who had been open about his battles with alcohol and drug addiction in the past, claimed to have gained control over his addictions prior to his passing.
However, the final determination of the cause of his death is expected to take several months.
The 'Friends' community is left heartbroken, with his former co-stars expressing their sorrow in a joint statement to People Magazine.
“We are all completely devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just co-stars. We are a family," they shared, asking for a moment of privacy as they process this unimaginable loss.
As fans around the world mourn, we remember Matthew Perry not just as Chandler Bing, but as a talented actor whose life was cut tragically short. The mystery surrounding his sudden departure leaves a void in the entertainment industry, and he will be profoundly missed.