8-year-old Maria loses four family members in tragic incident: The danger of storing potatoes incorrectly

Written by Henrik Rothen

Oct.06 - 2023 2:43 PM CET

Photo: Private
Photo: Private
8-year-old Maria loses four family members in tragic incident.

Trending Now

A devastating tragedy has struck 8-year-old Maria, who lost her father, mother, brother, and grandmother in a shocking manner.

The family had stored potatoes in their basement for the winter, unaware of the deadly gases they could emit when rotten.

Daily Mail reports.

The incident began when Maria's father, Mikhail, went to the basement to check on the stored potatoes. Unbeknownst to him, the potatoes had undergone severe rotting, emitting hazardous gases.

Mikhail succumbed to the toxic fumes and lost consciousness, eventually passing away.

Concerned about Mikhail's absence, his wife Anastasia went to the basement and suffered the same fate. Their 18-year-old son, Georgy, also went looking for them and met the same tragic end.

Anastasia's mother, Iraida, called a neighbor for help but entered the basement before help arrived, also succumbing to the gas.

It was Maria who finally discovered the lifeless bodies of her entire family in the basement. A local investigator explained,

"They all died from gas poisoning that accumulated in the basement due to the rotten potatoes."

The community is now rallying to support Maria, both emotionally and financially, as she tries to move on from this heartbreaking tragedy.

Most Read