IKEA Warehouse Evacuated Due to Customer's Mishandling of Gluten-Free Hot Dog Bun

Written by Henrik Rothen

Dec.17 - 2023 6:15 PM CET

Photo: Shutterstock.com
Photo: Shutterstock.com
IKEA Warehouse Evacuated Due to Customer's Mishandling of Gluten-Free Hot Dog Bun.

Trending Now

Guests at an IKEA warehouse in the Norwegian city of Forus, Stavanger, had quite a surprise while browsing for furniture.

Around 3:30 PM local time, a fire alarm was triggered, and all the store's guests were evacuated. This is reported by E24.

It initially caused a bit of a stir, but it didn't take long for the matter to be investigated, and just 10 minutes later, the Ikea store was able to open its doors again and welcome guests back.

Initially, several media outlets had reported that the cause of the fire alarm was due to sausages, but IKEA has now announced the actual reason.

It turned out to be a customer who had taken a gluten-free hot dog bun and put it in the microwave. The problem was that the hot dog bun was still in its plastic packaging, which created a significant amount of smoke.

Once IKEA discovered the reason for the fire alarm, it didn’t take long before they reopened the doors to the warehouse, and customers could return to their shopping.

IKEA has not announced whether there will be any consequences for the responsible customer.

Most Read