Pensioner Dies of Poisoning After Confusing Medicine With Nail Polish Remover

Written by Henrik Rothen

Dec.05 - 2023 12:34 PM CET

Photo: Shutterstock.com / Wikipedia Commons
Photo: Shutterstock.com / Wikipedia Commons
Pensioner Dies of Poisoning After Confusing Medicine With Nail Polish Remover.

Trending Now

A 65-year-old man tragically passed away after confusing his medication with a container of nail polish remover.

According to the Telegram channel SHOT, the incident involved a 65-year-old man from the Vykhino-Zhulebino district in Moscow.

The elderly man had suffered two strokes in a short period, leading to his need for various medications.

His wife, as reported by the channel, mentioned that the man had generally been quite disoriented following his strokes. In a moment of confusion, he ended up consuming nail polish remover instead of his medication.

It wasn't long before the 65-year-old man began to feel unwell, prompting an urgent hospitalization. He was admitted to the intensive care unit. Despite a week-long effort by the medical team, it turned out that the doctors could not save his life.

The man was officially declared dead due to poisoning.

Most Read