Time is Running Out for Unclaimed $44 Million Lottery Ticket

Written by Henrik Rothen

Dec.10 - 2023 12:13 PM CET

Photo: Shutterstock.com
Photo: Shutterstock.com
Time is Running Out for Unclaimed $44 Million Lottery Ticket.

Trending Now

A lottery ticket purchased in Florida, now worth a staggering $44 million, remains unclaimed and is nearing its expiration date.

According to Live5News, the ticket, bought at a Sunoco Express gas station in Kissimmee for the June 14 drawing, could make someone a millionaire if claimed by tomorrow.

The winning numbers for this particular draw were 9, 13, 15, 46, 51, and 52.

According to Florida state lottery rules, winners must claim their prize within 180 days of the drawing.

This means the lucky ticket holder has until December 11 to come forward.

Should the prize remain unclaimed, 80% of the winnings will be allocated to the Education Enhancement Trust Fund, while the remaining 20% will return to the lottery pool for future prizes.

This situation serves as a reminder to all lottery participants to check their tickets promptly and claim any winnings within the specified timeframe.

It's not the first time in lottery history that people have forgotten to redeem their prizes. Recently, we wrote about a person who failed to claim their winnings amounting to $1.08 million.

Most Read